Action. Strength. Compassion. Hope. Growth. Healing. Passion. Purpose.
Here are some of the most interesting and unique things about the Philippines and this trip::
- The Philippines is an archipelago consisting of over 7,100 islands
- It is the 13th most populous nation with a population of over 108 million
- The total land area of the country is about 298,170 square kilometres which ranks 73rd in the world
- The population is very young with approximately 1/3 of people between 0-14 years and another 1/3 in the work force between 25-54 years.
- The median age is only 23.5 years
- The GDP per capita (PPP) is only $4,700 and is ranked 165 out of 228 countries in the entire world
- Approximately 50% of the population lives in rural areas
- Over 25% of the population lives below the poverty line
- There is a current housing backlog estimated at over 4 million units
- The Philippines is one of the fastest growing countries and there is a dire need for adequate shelter
- The country is severely affected by natural disasters including typhoons (at least 15 per year), landslides, active volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis
- Since 1998, Habitat for Humanity Philippines has provided more than 106,000 families with safe, decent and affordable housing
I’m ready for another adventure of a lifetime. The life lessons I’ll take with me include: live with passion and live with purpose. I’m leaving on a jet plane …
We’re continuing to build our momentum in making a positive change and difference in this world. These trips allow GIVEGROWGO to experience extreme poverty first-hand and more importantly, to witness the incredible human spirit that lives and flourishes even in these harsh realities. If you are passionate about philanthropy, travel, children, life purpose, volunteering and off-the-beaten-path experiences, GIVEGROWGO is looking for you!