Volunteer in Vietnam with Habitat for Humanity and Global Village Canada
We’ll be heading to Vietnam this Fall to build homes for vulnerable families in the Long An Province. If you would like to join an incredible team, please check out more details about the trip below.
Help us build homes, communities and hope!
- Friday, September 14: Departure flight from Canada to Ho Chi Minh City
- Saturday, September 15: Arrival in Ho Chi Minh City. Rest and overnight lodging.
- Sunday, September 16: Orientation and transportation to Long An Province.
- Monday, September 17: Visit build site and begin the build. Overnight at guest house.
- Tuesday, September 18 – Friday, September 21: Build, overnighting at guest house.
- Saturday, September 22: Half-day build with rest of day for rest and local cultural activities. Overnight at guest house.
- Sunday, September 23: Day of rest and local cultural activities. Overnight at guest house.
- Monday, September 24 – Tuesday, September 25: 1½ day build followed by Farewell Ceremony and return travel to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Wednesday, September 26 – Friday, September 28: R & R tour of Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta and Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Saturday, September 29: Return flight to Canada or continue with personal travel.
The team will land in Ho Chi Minh where we will stay briefly in a guest house or small hotel before being transported by bus to Long An Province, where, again we will stay in a small guest house or hotel. We will be transported each day to the build site in the town. We will have our breakfasts and dinners at the hotel or a local restaurant and lunch will be served on site.
The build trip to Vietnam will cost $2040 CAD plus round trip airfare. The R&R will cost an additional amount of approximately $300 CAD.
The build trip cost includes: lodging, food, ground transportation, traveler’s medical insurance, orientation materials, and a donation to HFH Vietnam and the Global Village program. Participants will need to arrange and pay for air transportation from their point of departure to Ho Chi Minh City. This arrangement must be done in consultation with the team leaders.
*Habitat for Humanity Canada will issue a charitable donation tax receipt for the trip cost and the eligible airfare – these will be 2 separate receipts. The costs for R&R portion of the trip are not eligible for a tax receipt and this money must not be sent to HFH Canada. Your team leader will let you know how to pay this.
There are additional travel costs such as passport, visa and immunizations which the team leaders will discuss with you. There may be small additional costs such as transportation to or from the airport and local cultural activities, depending on time of arrival/departure and team requests of local providers. These costs are not tax deductible.